2011 Survey Findings
A team of 4 students from Temasek Polytechnic were commissioned to conduct a marketing survey on the following areas:
- How many of those interviewed do not have a Will written;
- The reason(s) why they have not written their Wills;
- Their understanding of the intestacy rules;
- Their opinion on the cost of writing a Will;
- Their perception on who can provide the service;
- Their understanding on the requirements of a valid Will;
- Their understanding of Wills Registry.
- Here are some of the findings:
- 87% of the working adults in Singapore do not have a Will written yet;
- 18% of those interviewed are considering making one. Their age groups:
- 18% of those interviewed accurately indicated that there are 9 intestacy rules.
- 51% of those interviewed thought that a Will made must be registered with the Wills Registry to be recognised as a valid Will.